Monday, January 05, 2009

Kids Club in the Old City


The Kids Club that we have been helping out with for the past two summers is going strong! This is the first fall that it has continued to run and it will stay going through the year. It is lead by a wonderful lady named Lorraine who is a missionary from England and another missionary from Nigeria named Matthew. The club is a part of church plant among the Turkish families of the Old City. I was blessed to be a part of the fun this fall! The club has moved into the home of a lady who is also hosting the church plant Bible studies once a week. Its so encouraging to see things happening in the Old City as it has been an area of prayer-focus and involvement for our base for some years now. God is faithful! Please pray for this church plant and for those who are serving to make it possible!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love ur heart Leah!a heart for God and for kids and people precious to Him!

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)