Saturday, January 17, 2009

Church Ministry to Turkish Preschoolers

Last fall I had the very great pleasure of visiting a ministry that my church here in Constanta has been running for Turkish children. They are running a preschool and offer homework help and other social services for many children from around Constanta who otherwise would not have such opportunities. The teacher there Adriana does a wonderful job and has seen much fruit in the lives of her students over the past 15 years that she has been working in this area. It was an inspiration and a blessings to join in for the few days I was there- and man, the kids are adorable! :)

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)