Friday, January 02, 2009

Jazz Night at the Cafe


Having our new staff Martin Axelsson around has been so fun! Since he got here we've been working on different music nights in the cafe and in October we had our first ever, Jazz night. A friend from church, Silviu Doroftei, joined us on electric guitar and we covered songs from Billie Holliday, Nora Jones and Michael Buble...okay maybe it wasn't strictly jazz- but jazz-esque if you will! It was an exciting night- with a bit of ruckus from some neighborhood kids, but all in all a fun night and singing those songs was like a dream come true for me! I hope we do it again soon :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

look at you singing! your like a white billy holiday!

Unknown said...

Leah,

I love you so much because you share your gift of song and music always as unto the Lord. By the way, who is that man looking at you with admiration from the piano (or did you hit a funny note) ?

Hmmmm.

Love,

Your Pa in the US

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)