Sunday, September 07, 2008

A little time for vacation :)

Birthday Party for Friends in Constanta

Visiting with YWAM friends in the beautiful "Old City" of Bucuresti

I had no idea Targu Mures was so gorgeous!!

L & L together again! Did you say "Lee-il?

Leisl at the top of the clock tower in Sighisoara

View from the Clock tower in Sighisoara

The week before last, I was soooo blessed to have one of my best friends from university come to visit me here in Romania- for the third time! She is such a fantastic friend! It was so good to spend time, catching up on our lives and all the adventures we have experienced since we last saw each other a year ago. We hung out for some days here in Constanta and then headed up to Transylvania, spending some nights in the adorable ad ancient city of Sighisoara. After roaming the streets, seeing the sights and visiting some friends, we made our way to Targu Mures, another gorgeous Romanian city just an hours drive away. We stayed with another wonderful friend and also visited another YWAM base there. But before we knew it, it was time to get moving and we headed back to Bucuresti for a night with more YWAM friends and a tour of the older area of the capital city. It was a great mini-vacation and I am realizing more and more just how blessed I am with so many friendships all over the world and all over Romania. God is good! :)

1 comment:

ever-changing said...

ahhhh!!! it was too short! Hope you're enjoying your time back at work.
Did you ever access my pics? I need some of yours too!!!
Love you too!

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)