Sunday, September 28, 2008

The First Day of School :)





Two weeks ago I had the great honor of taking one of the little boys from our Day Center ministry to his first day of school! The first day of school here in Romania is no small event. Parents bring their kids to school all dressed up in their uniforms and carrying flowers for their teachers. At each school an assembly is held outside of the school where the principal speaks, a policeman, and an Orthodox priest! The kids get to meet their teachers and get acclimated to the classroom while the parents stand around the room listening to the teacher's introduction to the school year and making sure that their children are settled. The little boy I brought was adorable! He couldn't sit still for more than a minute but he was happy to be in class and I am praying that he adjusts quickly to the school environment. I knew a lot of the kids at his school from the kids program that we do down in their neighborhood and it was great to see them there with their parents. It was a special experience to be in a primary school for the first time and to be there for the first day.

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)