Thursday, August 21, 2008

Support Raising Seminar in Iasi


Soon after I returned from Bosnia and the DTS ended, I headed up to the North of Romania with two other of our staff for a Support Raising Seminar. Long-time Norwegian YWAM Leader Terje Konradsen, taught for the week on the importance of relationship based support, communicating your vision, building budgets and developing support raising strategies. All very helpful for the life of a YWAM missionary. The seminar was attended by about 30 YWAMers from all over Romania. It was a great time of being together, being challenged and growing together, and supporting one another. In fact, at the end of the seminar we were challenged by the leadership to pray about making commitments to support another YWAM Romania missionary for one year. Many people were blessed and are continuing to be blessed through this lesson of generosity.

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)