Thursday, August 21, 2008

YWAM Conference in Slovakia

After David’s wedding and our time in Budapest, we continued on towards Slovakia to meet up about 70 other YWAMers from all over Central Europe. This event is held every two years somewhere in Central Europe and is a chance for more of our YWAM family to connect, spend time together, encourage one another and see what God is doing and saying concerning our region of the world.


I met up with many friends from Romania, as well as friends from Bosnia, and Hungary, and got to know new friends from other parts of Central Europe. It was a spiritually refreshing time and a time of looking back at our YWAM history and God’s original working in us from the beginning.






Al Akimoff, who has been with YWAM since its very early days, shared with us many stories of how God worked in Eastern and Central Europe and encouraged us to go back to those roots of faith and obedience to God. The spirit and attitude of each speaker was so humble and honest- another refreshing aspect of the weekend together. I am so thankful to our YWAM Central Europe leaders for organizing such a great event for our staff to be encouraged to continue in what the Lord has called us to.





No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)