Thursday, August 21, 2008

Freedom Project- Against Human Trafficking

Another special aspect of the conference in Slovakia was attendance of a tenacious young woman who has stepped out as YWAM’s voice against Human Trafficking. Ro, came to Slovakia with Al Akimoff and his team from YWAM Salem, Oregon, and shared in a special focus group and also with the whole conference about the issue of Human trafficking, and opened our eyes to just how relevant an issue it is for us here in Centeral Europe.


Even more eye opening for me was learning that a large percentage of trafficked girls are coming from Romania. In fact, even in the documentary Ro used to expose us to the situations that many young girls experience was based on the lives of girls from Romania and Moldova. Ro has been working state-side to bring awareness on these issues on and around Human Trafficking and is now working to see movements started in our region of the world. Many of us from Romania took a special interest in this project and will be praying about how to take action. Ro, along with a team, is planning to come to Romania this fall to visit YWAM bases, churches, café’s and student groups to share about the issue of Human Trafficking and to motive and inspire people to action.

To learn more about the Freedom project, you can check out the official website:

www.thefreedomproject-ywam.com

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)