Saturday, September 26, 2009

DTS outreach in Medgidia



After about three weeks of teaching we broke the DTS students up into two teams and sent them out to two different locations outside of Constanta. My team was sent to Medgidia, a city about an hour away from Constanta. We worked with a Pentecostal church there that is reaching out to different villages all over the area. We visited, shared with and prayed for families and widows, prayed for people in the hospital, did children's ministry and shared a testimony and preaching in the church. We also visited the tiniest church I have ever seen! Just big enough for about 12 seats. It was inspiring to be a part of the ministry there and to experience the small beginings of a village church. I really enjoyed spending the week with the students, getting to know them better and serving with them. They are great!







No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)