Monday, November 30, 2009

Uzice, Serbia


Beautiful city of Uzice in the South of Serbia. This is the view from an old fortress right outside the city. We came here to pray for the city.

The city has about 60,000 people in it but it feels even smaller because it is so easy to meet people and get to know them. The people here are so open and friendly. Such big hearts!


This is the river that runs through the city. In this picture it is rainy but most of our days in Uzice were beautiful and sunny!


This is the "Orange House". This is the house that the YWAM missionaries here bought for teams to stay in. It is about 10 minutes drive from the center of Uzice. It is a beautiful home and has been a big blessing for our team.


This is some of our team waiting for the mysterious bus. I say mysterious because we never really knew when it would come!

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)