Monday, November 30, 2009

Sombor, Serbia

Our first week in Sombor was so special! Our team ran an English Club and cafe ministry almost every night so we were able to build some great friendships with the people who came, many who had had no previous contact with the church. The cafe is in the bottom of the church building so it was ideal for introducing people to the church and to invite them for church a couple days before we left. There we were able to do a powerful drama called "Lifehouse" and to share a testimony, song and encouragement from the word. We also ran a kids club while the kids had a break from school. It was a busy first week but so encouraging. The best news came the day we left, that one of the guys we had been sharing with prayed to recieve the Lord in his life in a personal way. That was a huge encouragement for our team and for the church we were serving with. We made such good friends in Sombor that five of them came to visit us at the end of our trip in the south of Serbia! Thank you God for a great experience in Sombor!


Kids club at church in Sombor, Serbia




English Club and Conversation at church cafe


Our team, missionaries from the church and Serbian young people giving us a tearful goodbye as we head out for the South of Serbia.

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)