Tuesday, November 01, 2005

You Can Help!

I've been back in Constanta for over a week now. It was great to be back after the seminar ended. I can't tell you how blessed I was to be at that school! God did so much! But now to put it into practice :)

There is a lot happening in the street ministry and a lot of opportunities to get to know other people are coming up. Right now I just want to let you know about some needs that we have. I hope you will be able to pray for these things and even consider how you can be a part of bringing them about! :)

*The girls home we are building is quite an endevour. We are having trouble finding the right people at the right price to do the work and because of the way that the companies are set up it is an incredibly complicated process. We need prayer for this so that we can finish the house, but I had a thought that maybe a church, maybe my church :) or some people who are trained in plumbing and construction would want to come to Romania themselves and use their gifts to build this home for our girls in need. What do you think? Spread the word! I know there are some guys out there who would love this kind of experience! :)

*One of the girls on the street, Corea is 5 months pregnant and wants to get off the street. We are having a hard time finding a place for her to go. This is horrible as it is getting sooooo cold and she has been sick. We really need God to open a door for her and quickly! Pray that other organizations will work with us to find a place for Corea for the rest of her pregnancy. I am now seeing a huge need for a home for other young women like her who find themselves pregnant and have no where to go. Pray that God will send other people with a heart for this ministry and that a house will be openned in the future to reach out to these young mothers. This is a huge request and so important!

Thank you so much for your prayers and for keeping up with what we are doing here in Constanta! If you ever have something to share with me regarding these things or want to get involved yourself please let me know! May God be with your and be your peace!

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)