Sunday, October 02, 2005

More Rain

So much rain! There is flooding again in Bucharest, and lots of water here, but no flooding. Two weeks ago, however, a village about 30 minutes away was destroyed. Tomorrow we will be putting on a memorial service for Ionel, a young man from the streets that our team has been working with. Please pray for God's spirit and comfort to be there with us. This is the second death this year and is so hard to deal with, but we see God working through these trial.

There are many needs on the street so i am just going to list them and ask that you would take a moment to pray for one or a few. There is such a battle going on in the streets but God is daily answering prayer:

*Angelica, a16 year old girl is in the hospital after being beat up on the street

*Anca, a 15 year old girl, is waiting to be moved to a hospice type house, as she is dying of Hepatitus B. We are so happy she is choosing to come off the streets during this time.

*Anca's boyfriend Costel is waiting to come off the street but struggling as he misses Anca so much. He is also sick, but praying all the time and seems to be willing to support Anca in her decision.

*We are making contacts to spend time in the hospital loving on the abandoned babies there. One is the son of a girl from the street and we really hope to make an impact in his life by giving him and the other babies some of the stimulation and love they are not getting in te hospital.

Personally I am learning a lot and even learning more Romanian than ever! I will be attending a two week seminar in a week about working with Children in need. I can't wait! Besides that I am getting to know people at my base and enjoying my new life here though the challenges often overwhelm me. BUt God is giving me grace for every day and I am so happy to be a part of seeing God's great plans for Romania come about! This is such a special country!

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)