Thursday, October 06, 2005

Babies!

I just got back from the hospital where two people from my street team and I visited some abandoned babies and a little girl. Good times. Spending time in the hospital with these babies who would otherwise never receive touch, attention, or love is a new part of our project here. We first went to the hospital to visit the baby of one of the girls on the street, but now we go to see all the babies- there are about six at a time. Its really tough to see them in this condition but we pray that our being there might make some kind of difference. This is one of the things I was really hoping to get into here in Constanta, and look, God has already brought it about!

*Pray for favor with the nurses and doctors at the hospital
*Pray for more freedom to spend time with the babies and to be able to hold them!
*Pray for contacts to be made for the babies to possibly be placed in Christian babies homes before they are too old and unable to form attachments.
*Pray for the babies! Marian, Christina and the others ( they don't even have names!)


Thank you for praying!

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)