Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm still alive :)

Hello! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! Wow, so much has been happening. Just a quick run down...

We finished our Alpha Bible study course with the street kids and families that we have been ministering too. The attendence really dwindled by the end but not without fruit! God did such a work in one of the girls, Nadia, and she told us at the last meeting how life has changed for her, in the way she acts and sees things. Its so encouraging to see and we pray that she continues to hunger for more of God. Besides Nadia, we also have seen a big change in the lives of a couple named Dodo and Mirela. They have been coming the most consistently and it is amazing to see how much especially Dodo loves being there and learning about God. He said that the only things he would change about our bible study would be that we could pray and worship God more! So, God's moving in hearts and we are enjoying seeing this happen and praying that God will direct us to facilitate more opportunities for them to grow.

Lately with the street team we have been praying about where the Lord will be taking the street ministry next. Our leader will leave to work with training schools in Sept. and so there is a big question of how things will continue after that. From July 10th to around the middle of August we will have a break from the street ministry while people are out the coutry fundraising and visiting their families. I won't be going home but I will be hanging out with some VERY special visitors from the 17th of July through the 25th! Yep, my parents are coming!!! Yeah! So I am looking forward to enjoying a bit of a break with them.

I am still waiting on the Lord for direction for what to do after my commitment here is up in September. I would definitely appreciate your prayers. Thank you so much for keeping up with blog even though I am a terrible updater ;) Love to all!
Leah

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)