Saturday, December 17, 2005

CRACIUN FERICIT!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hello there!

Well I've just finished my first three months here! Yippee!! And I am about to have my first Christmas away from home...but I'll tell you a secret- I think it will be one of the best Christmas' ever! :) I am missing my family lots but Romanians have so many special traditions for Christmas and being with my friend's family in her village is just going to be so different, that I can only expect it to be quite special! We are going to go caroling in the village with her youth group and eat sarmale and mamalica, which is the tradtional Christmas meal that EVERYONE eats, and I must say that it is one of my FAVORITE things to eat! Its stuffed cabbage and something like grits. I can't wait!

This week was so busy and I was pretty stressed for most of it but we had some pretty special times. Our street team took some hot cocoa and cookies and small gifts to the kids on the street. We say Christmas songs with them and Chris shared about how Jesus coming to earth is the reason we celebrate Christmas. It went pretty good over all and we had some great times with the kids.

Remember Elena that got beat up? Well, she's been asking me for a jacket for a long time and was pretty mad when I didn't bring her one. But this week we brought her one that was warm and good for the rain and man you should have seen this girl! She was SO happy! And it was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen! I will put a pic on here soon of this! And just to let you know, I think things calmed down with this kids regarding her getting beat up. Thank you for your prayers!

Do you remember Anca? She is still on the street but she hasn't been using glue and this is so great! She seems to be doing pretty good. Praise God! Despite our disappointment with her returning to the street we are happy to keep our relationship with her. She is so much fun! We have this joke about calling eachother "Miss", well "Domnisoara" and she likes to make fun of the way I say things. It is really funny! And we pretend that we are going to Discos and dance around on the street. Man, some of the kids we visit are sooo fun and they really bless my life!

Yesterday we had a big Christmas celebration at the Day Center. All the kids were dressed up like shepherds and their parents were there and they did a little program, sing songs and reading prophecies about Jesus. It was awesome! They were so stinking cute! And it was great to have the families there, many of whom our street team has been visiting. I think that God really wants to work in these families and we are looking more towards that for next year. We will see what God does!

Thank you so much for your prayers for me and for them! I know that my last updates were pretty sad, and they are the reality but I am trying to see more of the good stuff and just praise God for that. I am thankful for the simple things. Being friends with tall these kids is really a blessing and I am going to miss them over our break!

Dumnezeu sa te binecuvanteze! God bless you!!!!!!!!

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)