Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How it all began...

The street kid outreach that I will be a part of for the next year was begun by three amazing guys, Walley Fipps, Syrus Beck and Seth Clarke. They set out for a country basiclly unknown to them, in search of finding street kids that were in need of the Love of God. So they rounded up some people off the streets and started a soup kitchen, giving out a free meal and lots of hugs and love, along with a message that God loved them so much and had a special plan for their lives. That was about four years ago and since then the simple soup kitchen outreach has grown to having a Day Center for children up to 18 years old, a group home for teenage girls, and providing contacts and opportunities for getting into rehabilitation and treatment programs. PRAISE GOD! It has been amazing to witness the growth through the years and get to know the people who have been a part of making it all happen. In September I hope to join in this effort to see the Street Kids of Romania be transformed by the LOVE OF JESUS... It is God who first loved us and has given us any ability to give out that love to others. What an honor.

My departure is drawing near... I really need to get my newsletter out! Should have been doing that instead of messing around on the internet! :) Please go to this link to see pictures of that first year of the soup kitchen outreach. A friend, Pierre-Luc, that we met in Turkey took them while he came to visit the guys in Constanta. They are beautiful!

http://www.pbase.com/plucpel/romania

No comments:

"All that is not the love of God has no meaning for me. I can truthfully say that I have no interest in anything but the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. If God wants it to, my life will be useful through my word and witness. If He wants it to, my life will bear fruit through my prayers and sacrifices. But the usefulness of my life is His concern, not mine. It would be indecent of me to worry about that."
- Dominique Voillaume
(From "The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning)